Hydromulching is a method of revegetation where the seed and fertiliser is mixed in a slurry of organic matter and tackifiers, and sprayed onto a prepared surface.
The blend can contain:
- grass or tree and shrub species, or a combination of both
- a species selection tailored to client requirements, soil type, climate, and other factors
- turf species, for establishing turf quality grass cost effectively.
Lanyonscapes has used hydromulch effectively on:
- road and rail batters
- dam walls
- mine site and quarry rehabilitation
- large open drains
- parks and sporting fields.
- erosion protection and dust suppression
- increased organic content for poor soils
- moisture retention benefits
- a protective blanket for seeds in harsh conditions.
The hydromulch is applied by powerful truck-mounted pumps capable of a discharge distance up to 40m on level ground or further on slopes. Hydromulch offers a solution for coverage of areas that are inaccessible by conventional equipment. The slurry is pumped through lay-flat hoses over distances of up to 60 metres from the truck.
Application rates vary depending on factors such as the degree of erosion protection required. Hydromulch can include additives such as bio-stimulants, fertilisers and trace elements. Sometimes soil testing is required to determine exactly what will be required in the hydromulch blend.
Choosing the appropriate method, delivery and additives is key to a successful project. Lanyonscapes can provide expert advice on matters such as site preparation, soil samples, recommended application rates, species selection, and maintenance requirements. We recommend that you contact us in the early stages of your project so that costly mistakes can be avoided.
Phone: 07 4979 4994
Copyright © 2016 Lanyonscapes
Last Updated: 22/07/2019