HYDRO COMPOST ORGANICS BLANKET
The Hydro Compost Organics Blanket (HCOB) is the result of Lanyonscapes R&D determination to offer a product that delivers outstanding results in tough Australian conditions.
It has delivered excellent results throughout Queensland on Main Roads projects, heavy industrial areas and residential developments.
- Topsoil replacement on steep batters, both cut and fill
- Alternative to pneumatic compost blankets and organics blankets
- Adaptable to suit all erosion control applications
- Fully biodegradable growth media, soil stabilizer and conditioner
- Contains natural plant and soil bio stimulants
- Contains specialist formulated amelioration agents to amend subsoil and promote growth – tailored to each job using soil science
- Free from weed seed and foreign objects
- Requires no curing period
- Forms intimate bond with soil surface to create erosion resistant blanket
- Allows for rapid germination and accelerated plant growth
- Applied at 48.5 tonnes per hectare, provides a growth medium layer of 25mm and further soil bond and amelioration of up to 50mm deep.
HCOB is a high performance, flexible growth medium with many benefits:
- Offers soil science, knowledge-based, bio stimulants to optimise growth;
- Can be engineered for specific site soil conditions, delivering optimum results;
- Incorporates both erosion control and revegetation components;
- Soil ameliorants can be incorporated into the mix;
- Hydraulic application adds moisture to the soil profile and incorporates the soil into its bonded matrix;
- Bonding enhances the overall profile and reduces moisture loss through evaporation;
- Does not require immediate and diligent watering to achieve stability through vegetative cover;
- Remains a dormant cover until conditions are ideal for seed germination;
- Has comparable sheer strength to imported wood fibre products – at a lower price;
- Contains “Active8”, an industry recognised compost and soil conditioning product (Australian standard AS4454);
- Contains the organic fibres of cane and paper, included as per best practice hydromulching guidelines (MRTS16C and L230);
- Product efficiencies include reduced plant and equipment mobilisation costs, pallet delivery means no need for bulk stockpiles;
- Application via manned cannon eliminates the need for personnel working on batters or from cherry pickers;
- Highly manoeuvrable trucks use existing site access and road ways.
Before and after:
See more HCOB projects