Flexterra offers better protection on slopes than rolled erosion control blankets (ECBs) and bonded fibre matrix (BFM) products with the speed and cost savings of a hydraulically applied product.
Flexterra Flexible Growth Medium (FGM) erosion control products are made of Thermally Refined wood fibres, crimped interlocking fibres, and additives that are engineered to perform under extreme conditions. Flexterra can also be combined with other erosion control technologies to accommodate a broad range of conditions.
This engineered medium performs on slopes steeper than 2.5H:1V and remains effective even during sustained rainfall events. It can be applied using all types of mechanically agitated hydraulic seeding equipment over uneven terrain and rough seedbeds.
Patented Flexterra® High Performance-Flexible Growth Medium™ (HP-FGM™)—proven to surpass all hydraulically applied mulch products and turf establishment blankets:
- Immediately effective upon application—bonds directly to soil
- Superior erosion control—99% effective at multiple large-scale testing laboratories
- Excellent functional longevity that lasts through grow-in
- 1500% water holding capacity delivers more moisture to the seedbed for better germination, which means you can use less water to achieve the same results
- Ideal for dormant seeding and long-term protection in arid climates
- Less soil preparation, faster lay down and lower installed cost than rolled blankets
- Faster vegetative establishment and greater biomass production than any rolled blanket or hydraulically applied mulch available
- Minimises soil loss and turbidity of effluent runoff
- Proven to be completely environmentally friendly
Learn more – Flexterra Brochure
Or see our past Flexterra projects.
Phone: 07 4979 4994
Copyright © 2016 Lanyonscapes
Last Updated: 22/07/2019